- Group classes (3 to 5 riders) are 1 hour/week for length of session and organized according to age, type of disability and level of riding skill. Semi-Private classes (2 riders) are 45 mins/week and Private classes are (1 rider) for 30 mins/week for length of session. All classes are lead by a PATH Intl. certified instructor.
- Hippotherapy is 30 minutes once a week with one on one instruction lead by a licensed Physical Therapist (PT), Occupational Therapist (OT) or Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) with credentials by American Hippotherapy Association and PATH Intl.
- Participant must be at least 2 ½ years old to enroll in hippotherapy and at least 4 years old to enroll in any of our other equine assisted activities services. There is no maximum age.
- Cost of session varies depending on length of session. Therapeutic Riding and other equine assisted services are offered at a rate of $40/week. Hippotherapy is offered at $35/week plus an additional $55 paid weekly directly to the therapist.
- CTRC does not work with any health care provider for billing. We will, if asked, provide clients with paperwork/receipts when seeking their own reimbursement.
- Check out the FAQ page for answers to common questions about CTRC’s services.
Become a Rider
We witness the life altering potential of equine assisted activities and therapies every day; therefore, we are driven to share our services with anyone who could benefit. We invite you grab life by the reins and become one of the many riders who prosper at CTRC. So, if you think you, or someone you know, could benefit from any of our EAAT services, follow the Rider In-Take process outlined below to get the process started.
*Please note that while no clinical diagnosis is necessary to participate, it is required that participants have a need for our specialized, therapeutic environment.
RIDER IN-TAKE PROCESS
The New Participant Packet (Spanish version) contains an Application, Consent & Release Form and Medical History Form (which needs to be thoroughly filled out, signed by an MD, DO, NP or PA and dated to be valid).
This can be done in one of the following ways…
• Fax to 303-532-0164
• Email to Head Instructor
• Mail to CTRC (11968 Mineral Rd, Longmont, CO 80504)
Once CTRC has received your completed application, we will contact you to schedule an evaluation. An evaluation helps us ensure that we can safely accommodate you in our program, recommend the proper class, develop therapeutic goals and create good rider/volunteer/horse teams. Not everyone can be accepted into the program due to safety or physical / medical contraindications.
Upon completion of an evaluation and determination by CTRC that we are able to safely accommodate the participant, the participant is able to register for services. A participant’s individual needs and abilities determine which service is best suited for registration.
Other Equine Assisted services include Community Groups, Interactive Vaulting, Ground Lessons and Special Opportunities.